Production blog: Tunes!!

 Madelyn Argueta

AICE Media Studies


Hey guys! 

Today I started looking for a background song for my film. At first I had no clue of where to begin but I started off with the first typical thing anyone does. I googled it. While I was looking for songs I had to remember I couldn't use just any song. I had to have permission to use the song for my opening sequence. I remember in class we learned about using copyright free music. At first when googling music to use in my opening sequence I found out about royalty free music but as I googled it I found out I had to pay the creator a fee to use and I was unsure and unable about how to pay. But when searching I found a website called FesliyanStudios which had many songs that fit our mood of mysterious and suspenseful. The song was by David Fesliyan called "Too Crazy" and I really enjoyed it and wanted to use it but it was a royalty free song. Although it was a royalty free song I continued on the website and found the policy. While reading the policy I discovered that if the music was used in a project that it was free and they would appreciate crediting under the platform in which I will upload it on (Youtube). So I decided to stick with that song and I will be crediting the owner in the description of the video on Youtube. I really liked this song because it fit with our opening sequence. The song helped enhance the feeling of suspense and mystery which I really enjoyed. I also really liked this song because it did not have lyrics. When I was searching for music I was looking specifically for a song that did not have lyrics because it would have felt like to much was going on in the opening sequence and that it was going to be to overwhelming for viewers. Overall, today I was very productive. I am also very glad I found the perfect song to add to my film. I love watching this opening sequence come together and I am so excited for you guys to watch it!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Creative Reflection