Madelyn Argueta AICE Media Studies Period 6 What conventions of the genre that you chose to base your final task on does this movie have? Some conventions of the genre I chose to base my final task on that this movie has are the costumes and the shots, specifically point-of-view shots. In this movie, the characters wore a casual wardrobe for most of the movie which would make it easier on us when we begin filming to prevent as many extraneous variables as we can. This film includes multiple point-of-view shots which help the audience feel the character's suspense and create an exhilarating effect. These shots would help us create an accurate, suspenseful, exciting, and exhilarating effect on viewers. What conventions of the genre did the movie have that you liked? A convention of the genre that this movie had that I liked was the sound motifs. In this movie every time the characters that played the viewers in the movies went up it kept making a specific sound. This helps the...
Madelyn Argueta AICE Media Studies Period 6 Hello everyone, today I researched the genre horror. To begin with, common camera angles that I noticed were frequent in horror movies were Close-ups, eye-level shots, point-of-view shots, tracking shots, two-shots, three-shots, and low angles. These common camera angles helped me feel as if I were experiencing these films in real life by putting me in the character's shoes. This also helped create suspense and fear. Moving on, the common costume I analyzed was casual clothes, typically dark clothes and sometimes covered in fake blood. Other than the costumes I noticed that in most of the scenes, there was dark-colored lighting, spotlights, and shadows. This helped create suspense because of the mystery of what is behind the things the viewer cannot see. In horror movies, the setting is typically somewhere abandoned or a home. For props, they typically use weapons such as knives and torture devices to create the gore of the horror. Furth...
Madelyn Argueta AICE Media Studies Hello guys, There have been a few updates on my final task since the last time I uploaded a blog. First things first, we began our first official day of filming yesterday. The whole crew went over to Giovanna's house ready and prepared and we began officially filming. I started with the scenes that required me, the techie, to film due to tight schedules. So we went to Target, prepared the basket with daily items, and went into the chips aisle. This scene was one of the harder scenes to film due to being in a public space and the genuine shoppers that were not supposed to be in my film. Another factor that made this scene more difficult was the script. Daniel, the little brother character, could not focus and get into character which made the filming time increase. After the target scene, the crew went back to Giovanna's house to finish filming as much as we could. Once the crew got there we finished filming the scenes that surround the Targ...
Comments
Post a Comment