Production Blog: Last Bit of Editing!

 Madelyn Argueta

AICE Media Studies


Hey Guys!

Today I am finishing my filming! In my previous blog I told you guys that I found my perfect song for my opening sequence so today I inserted it into my editing software. Because of the issues in Video Star (which I stated in a previous blog) I finished editing in Cap Cut. Once I added my song I went ahead and clipped some parts to adjust the volume of the song. I wanted the song to be quieter in scenes where the characters were speaking but louder in quieter scenes. For example the scene in the beginning that showed the game the characters were playing. Once I adjusted the audio for all of the split audio scenes, I rewatched the film to make sure I accurately adjusted the audio. Thank god I rewatched it because I made the louder audio to loud. I also made the quieter audio basically mute. So I went back and adjusted the audio once again. Then I rewatched the film and loved how it turned out. Though, I got an idea while rewatching the film. I got the idea of adding a whoosh sound effect to the scene which shows the game the characters were playing. So I went ahead and added that sound effect. I watched that clip again and loved the way it turned out. The sound effect of the whoosh made the scene seem spookier and more mysterious than it was before. Though these changed and additions were small, they made a big difference. Overall, today I did not add nor do many changed to my film. But the small additions made the film seem more professional and helped our film fit under our aimed genre. I am almost finished with my final task and have loved every step of the way. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Creative Reflection