Production Blog: Continuation of filming!

 Madelyn Argueta 

AICE Media Studies 


Hey guys! 

Today I realized that I made a mistake. I forgot to film one of the scenes for my final task. Also when I exported my final film through Cap Cut with the highest quality I realized that it was not the editing software that was making the film look lower quality, it was some of my clips. At first I was unsure of what to do. It was very hard to set our filming dates in the beginning due to our tight schedules. So how was I going to fix this issue? Then suddenly I got an idea. Since we filmed in Giovanna's (my group mates) house, with her brother as part of the cast, I thought that one of her parents could film a quick scene for my film. Along with filming the quick missing scene they could quickly reshoot two of my lower quality clips. This was a great idea because the clips that needed shooting only involved the two characters who live at the filming scene. Also this way we did not have to wait day or maybe even a week to find a day were our schedules aligned. So today my cast and her parent filmed the three necessary clips. During the filming of these few scenes, I was on a facetime call watching over the set and made sure everything was going correctly. My cast also went ahead and made sure they were in the right costume design. While they were filming I was making sure, through the call, that the lighting was accurate. I also made sure that the angles were accurate and everything was ok. After prepping and checking everything we began reshooting. These films were very quick to film because we were able to get the scenes on the first shot. My groupmate sent me the scenes and I checked them to make sure everything was accurate. I also checked them to see if the quality improved, which it did. Thank god I caught this mistake before it was to late. Overall today was very stressful and challenging but I got passed it. I am very excited to put this into Cap Cut and finish editing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Creative Reflection